Friday, October 28, 2011

Bible Study

I recently joined a bible study group at a local church that meets once a week. I have really enjoyed getting to know the other ladies in the group, and Thomas loves playing with other babies in the nursery!

Our bible study is about marriage, and we are reading Women Making a Difference in Marriage. 

Here are a few things I have learned so far...

God never intended that another person would meet the needs only He can meet.

When you realize that your true worth & significance come only from God, then you are free to love your husband despite what he may do or say.

Satan opposes marriage.

Who we are on the inside, always has a way of showing up on the outside.

You don't have to feel love before you show love.

When difficulties arise, God is concerned with what is in our hearts, our attitudes, & our  motives rather than with getting us quickly out of a situation. 

The following is something I want to remember:
When I picked up Thomas from the nursery the first time, one of the ladies in his room told me "He done good. He done real good."

The second time I picked up Thomas, the same lady told me "He done ok. He done ok today." He was a little fussy right after I dropped him off. I think he was teething. 

Here is Thomas about 15 minutes after we leave the church:



Keep the faith,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment